...and in the parks, and on the streets, and in the restaurants, and on the metro, etc. I wanted to write about all the love and PDA in Chile. Sometimes it is very sweet. Sometimes it's a little too much. People here are very affectionate. It's very common to see couples of all ages holding hands and kissing in public. Of course, public make-outs are more common with the younger kids, and often there are couples smooching on the ground in parks. In fact, one day I passed a park, and counted 6 couples on one block PDAing in this manner. I think that they are popular places because everyone lives with their parents ;)
On a side note, cold and smog are also in the air. It is getting so chilly at night and the smog is really starting to form. It's so terrible that in the winter children with allergies or people with respiratory problems have to wear little masks. The other day was the first time that I was actually looking forward to getting out of this country because I was freezing.
Nell, your mother (earth) said it's time to come home! Seriously! http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/chile/090421/smog-santiago-environment-chile. Don't stay for the winter!
ReplyDelete