I suppose I should write about my latest adventure, which has involved a guy named Eduardo. I met him my first Sunday at church, but we didn't start hanging out or going on dates until a couple of months ago. At first he didn't even talk to me because he thought, "Hey, these gringas come and go too often" but then he finally did, and was smitten ;) I really don't know exactly what to write about this because there is so much info that it might either be really interesting or really boring. I guess I could write a little about him. He is from Chile (obviously). He is a convert to the church of about 4 years. He also works for a company called Agility Logistics, which is a company that deals with imports. Those are the facts. Why do I like this person? I made a brief list ;) He is very funny, which is mandatory for me. He is helpful, smart, perceptive, a good listener, has his own opinions, remembers dates, cooks for me, does the dishes, opens my doors, holds my hand, carries my stuff, remembers the little things like the earrings I once admired in a store window and bought them for me later, is taller than I am, will take fashion advice (my own giant man-Barbie). Most of all he is active in the church and has a strong testimony of the gospel. It has been an interesting experience because while it has been a lot of fun, it has sometimes been a serious and difficult time as I have been trying to wrap my mind around it. I have learned so much about myself through this whole process. At this point we have plans for him to come for a visit in MN July, and we will go from there. It's funny because before I came to Chile, I sometimes heard these two statements. "Nell, do not come back with a Latin boyfriend" and "Nell, I bet you'll come back with a Latin boyfriend." After dragging my feet for a while, I have recently changed my Facebook status to, "In a relationship". I guess that means I am in a relationship, though I can't bring myself to use the word "boyfriend" or "girlfriend". It's not me. Plus, it's just too weird. Anyway, that's Eduardo. I look forward to introducing him to everyone. Ahhhh! I can't believe this happened !!!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Coming back with more than a souvenir.
I suppose I should write about my latest adventure, which has involved a guy named Eduardo. I met him my first Sunday at church, but we didn't start hanging out or going on dates until a couple of months ago. At first he didn't even talk to me because he thought, "Hey, these gringas come and go too often" but then he finally did, and was smitten ;) I really don't know exactly what to write about this because there is so much info that it might either be really interesting or really boring. I guess I could write a little about him. He is from Chile (obviously). He is a convert to the church of about 4 years. He also works for a company called Agility Logistics, which is a company that deals with imports. Those are the facts. Why do I like this person? I made a brief list ;) He is very funny, which is mandatory for me. He is helpful, smart, perceptive, a good listener, has his own opinions, remembers dates, cooks for me, does the dishes, opens my doors, holds my hand, carries my stuff, remembers the little things like the earrings I once admired in a store window and bought them for me later, is taller than I am, will take fashion advice (my own giant man-Barbie). Most of all he is active in the church and has a strong testimony of the gospel. It has been an interesting experience because while it has been a lot of fun, it has sometimes been a serious and difficult time as I have been trying to wrap my mind around it. I have learned so much about myself through this whole process. At this point we have plans for him to come for a visit in MN July, and we will go from there. It's funny because before I came to Chile, I sometimes heard these two statements. "Nell, do not come back with a Latin boyfriend" and "Nell, I bet you'll come back with a Latin boyfriend." After dragging my feet for a while, I have recently changed my Facebook status to, "In a relationship". I guess that means I am in a relationship, though I can't bring myself to use the word "boyfriend" or "girlfriend". It's not me. Plus, it's just too weird. Anyway, that's Eduardo. I look forward to introducing him to everyone. Ahhhh! I can't believe this happened !!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nell, I just love you!!!
ReplyDeletefreaking hilarious blog post.
ReplyDeleteoh nell! i love you. :) can't wait to see u. you me and jenny are having a LOST party ok? and your cute souvenir can come too. xoxoxox
Well, I can! Yea! I'm looking forward to meeting el hombre de los sueƱos!
ReplyDeleteWOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteConfetti, celebration, woooooohoooooooo!!!!!
He sounds like someone worthy of you, for which I am very excited. I can't wait to tell Emily!
I can't wait for you to come back so we can have our monthly chat. and Nell... He's cute!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I especially love that you found a chilean TALLER than you!!!! Your posts make me miss Chile A LOT!
ReplyDeleteFirst, he is adorable. Handsome. And you make a lovely pair. I have never seen you look more complimentary with a guy and you look GREAT together! So, hopefully that doesn't add any pressure for you, but I hope it all works out! And you know me, I am totally for the Latino guys. Except I married a Swede, go figure. :-)
ReplyDeleteyum.
ReplyDeleteNell, you are so funny. I'm so happy for you. I'm sad I won't be in MN to meet Eduardo when he comes in July, though I'm sure there will be plenty of other people to scrutinize him to make sure he's good enough for you. It's a tall order, but from what you described he sounds wonderful.
ReplyDelete