Monday, April 13, 2009

The Food



I don' think I've really written about the food in Chile. Sadly, that's okay because I haven't been too impressed. First let me start with the things I love. I love helado (ice cream) and paltas (avocados). There is an ice cream shop called Bravissimo with approx. 30-40 flavors. I go there at least once or twice a week. Next, avocados are on everything. I even had a Whopper with avocado on it. Very tasty. There is something here called a "completo", which is essentially a hotdog with tomatoes, guacamole, and a strip of mayo on it. To all my friends-- I am making you eat this when I get home. What amazes me more is how people eat this huge item without spilling it all over themselves. Clearly I am the only one who needs a fork and knife. Overall, the food is average in my opinion. My favorite meal so far was at Applebee's, though I must admit that I need to try more things. I am going to eat at a Peruvian restaurant tomorrow, and I hear that will be delicious. 

1 comment:

  1. i am so all over the hot dog! yowza!
    and the gelato looks divine.
    too bad the rest of the food isn't up to par.
    oh well - when you come back there's always WHITE CASTLE!! ;) ha ha
    xoxo, marla

    ReplyDelete