
Before I arrived in Chile I heard that people stay out really late, but I didn't know exactly how late that was. (My parents said it was like back in my high school days. I would go out when all normal people were coming home.) People here have their dinner at 9 or 10ish pm. Actually, lunch is the big meal here. After work, they eat a small meal like a small sandwich or bread with tea (onces). Then "dinner" is later. Nothing gets started until midnight. A while ago, I went to a BBQ and we started eating around 10pm. Then, at around 3am, someone thought it would be a great idea to put in a movie. My friend and I were a little stunned. What was better was that as soon as it started, everyone except me and one other person promptly fell asleep. We actually had to stay there because the buses and metros stopped functioning at midnight. How un-chilean of them. That night was an all-time record for me. I made it home around 6:30 am only to have to wake up at 10am and go to a different BBQ/pool party with the YSAs. Nowadays, my life has become more tranquil, and I get home at a respectable hour--2 or 2:30ish.
Nell! What an adventure that was! I'm so glad I got to share that with you, even though I fell asleep during the movie! I still haven't finished it yet...
ReplyDeleteOh and you're dating Eduardo... Details!