Well, I have been in Chile for a little over two months and have absolutely loved it. However, my face has permanently been in the, "Como?" expression and therefore I have developed a new wrinkle between my eyes. Other than that everything has been good. I have actually learned quite a bit besides the Spanish language. #1 I have learned that it is very easy to live in another country. Before I got here, everything about South America was so foreign. I had no idea what to expect or what the people would be like, but I have found that they are the same as people anywhere else--at least in Santiago. I feel like I am living in some big city in the states. #2 I have learned that it is okay to quit a job or leave a "normal life" and do something different for a while. One of my favorite things about being in my school is that I get to meet a lot of people who are either traveling the world or just taking a little break from "the norm." Some have been working for years at a job they hated and just decided that they wanted a change, and so they took some time off and moved to Chile. I realize that this is not possible or even desirable for everyone, but I have been reminded that we can create a life we love--whatever that is. "Normal life" can be a number of different things. #3. I have learned that Heavenly Father helps us accomplish our goals. Before coming here, I struggled with the question, "Is this the right or wrong decision?" At least for me, and in this instance, I came to the conclusion that He wanted to help me do what I wanted to do. Since this was something I wanted, He helped make it happen and has helped me tremendously since I've been here. Now, I shudder to think about what my life would be like without this little piece. So needless to say I love Chile, the language, and most of the experiences I have been having here.
Monday, March 16, 2009
I've been here 2 months and now I need Botox.
Well, I have been in Chile for a little over two months and have absolutely loved it. However, my face has permanently been in the, "Como?" expression and therefore I have developed a new wrinkle between my eyes. Other than that everything has been good. I have actually learned quite a bit besides the Spanish language. #1 I have learned that it is very easy to live in another country. Before I got here, everything about South America was so foreign. I had no idea what to expect or what the people would be like, but I have found that they are the same as people anywhere else--at least in Santiago. I feel like I am living in some big city in the states. #2 I have learned that it is okay to quit a job or leave a "normal life" and do something different for a while. One of my favorite things about being in my school is that I get to meet a lot of people who are either traveling the world or just taking a little break from "the norm." Some have been working for years at a job they hated and just decided that they wanted a change, and so they took some time off and moved to Chile. I realize that this is not possible or even desirable for everyone, but I have been reminded that we can create a life we love--whatever that is. "Normal life" can be a number of different things. #3. I have learned that Heavenly Father helps us accomplish our goals. Before coming here, I struggled with the question, "Is this the right or wrong decision?" At least for me, and in this instance, I came to the conclusion that He wanted to help me do what I wanted to do. Since this was something I wanted, He helped make it happen and has helped me tremendously since I've been here. Now, I shudder to think about what my life would be like without this little piece. So needless to say I love Chile, the language, and most of the experiences I have been having here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree! This decision came to me because I wanted to do it! Isn't that great! And I don't notice your wrinkle!
ReplyDeletei just think you look like a little knockout!
ReplyDeletewoo-hoo!