Monday, March 2, 2009

Missionary for a Day


I went out with one of the sister missionaries for a few hours, and had a really a great experience. We set out to find some less active members of the church, but it turned out that all the addresses were bad. Hermana Centero was from Peru, and therefore I could actually understand most of her Spanish. So we were talking as we walked down the street when suddenly she flipped around and started talking to someone. Street contacting was definitely something I hadn´t experienced for quite a while, but it felt good to be out there again. While she was talking to this woman, I was standing there thinking, "Lady, here is the message of the restoration, and we are just giving it to you. Take it, take it." She was very kind of course, but ultimately was not interested. The funny part was that while the two of them were talking, I talked to her little boy. I asked him how old he was, and I was overjoyed when he held up 3 fingers. Hooray! A 3-year old can understand me! He and I had a nice mini discussion before he had to leave with his mom. Overall I had a great time with my missionary companion-for-a-day. We must have looked like quite a pair. Notice the height difference between us. She is even standing on her tip-toes and I am slouching.

3 comments: