Friday, January 16, 2009

Church


Norma wasn't feeling well so I had to go to church by myself that first Sunday. As I was walking there, I just felt like I knew I was going to be really sad to leave in 4 months. Anyway, I was late because I got a little lost, but walked in and sat next to this kind-looking lady and her daughters. The talks were good only because I could feel the spirit of them. Occasionally I could even understand a word or two. When sacrament meeting was over, the lady's daughter brought me to the English sunday school class which was attended by the senior missionaries and anyone else who speaks English.  I wanted to go there because I figured I should at least learn some point of doctrine each Sunday. Someone interpreted the main ideas for me in Relief Society. It is pretty interesting to be in church and not know what anyone is saying but it still felt really good to be there. I met the missionaries and some other new friends. I went to FHE that night and it was just like being back in the Dinkytown ward. Lots of fun, though I wasn't too good at the game. We played Pictionary charade-style and I didn't know any of the words or how to say them in Spanish even if I did guess right. Oh, if only people could have understood me. Most people here actually speak a little English which is helpful in a pinch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment