Taking a shower is an interesting experience. First of all, it seems very rare to have hot water in any faucets here. In fact, the only place where I have seen hot water come out of a sink is in the temple, and at one other person's house (she lives in a very rich area of town dubbed, "Sanhattan". If you look at this picture you can see that there is a little machine hooked up to the shower. It was hysterical when Norma was trying to explain to me how to use it my first day.
Step 1: Turn the tub faucet on
Step 2: Pull up the knob to make the water come out the shower head
Step 3: Push a button on the little machine to make the water get gradually hot (once the water starts to get warm I jump in because I have literally 9 seconds before the water gets scalding hot)
Step 4: Push another button to make the burning water get gradually cold (once I push that button I have another 9 seconds before it is ice cold)
Step 5: Turn off water.
I'm pretty sure she said not to do something (I couldn't understand it all) or there would be an explosion. I haven't been blown up yet so I think I'm doing it right. Once I actually repeated the button-pushing process, but now I just use some spray-on conditioner because there is not enough time to use regular conditioner. Needless to say I take very quick showers.
Also, the toilet is another story. Much simpler, though. Whenever we flush it, we just have to pour another bucket of water into it as it's flushing. That's not normal, though. I think it is just something with my building or perhaps just our apt. Also, it seems that people don't normally flush T.P. down but put it in a little garbage instead. We just flush it at my apt, thankfully. Is this TMI? I think it makes for good writing material.
Overall, I love my little apartment. I have a great view and it's usually nice and cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment