Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mi Casa


I am living with a lady called Norma Lira. She is a very sweet yet feisty chilean. I went up to her door and she was so welcoming. She showed me the apartment and my room. Very cute but small. She had lunch ready for me but first called the missionaries and asked them if it was safe for me to drink the water. I had read that the water was safe all over Chile but I was glad she double checked. She also called over her Nephew, Daniel to eat with us. He gave me my first "beso" which is the little kiss-like greeting. I have decided I really like them. We ate spaghetti, potatoes, and fruit. Now, on a side note, I had only received 1/2 of my series on Hep A and B immunizations so I was a little concerned about eating that peach because I had no idea where it was from. I'm embarrassed to say that I was afraid hepatitis was in every bite for those first few days but now I don't worry. The three of us went over the money system and later we went to exchange it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment