I swore I would not be up until 3am getting ready for my trip, but somehow here I am. It's 3 am and I've decided to start a blog. This will be my first attempt at it so we'll see how it goes.
As many of you know I have just finished my M.Ed. at the U of M and decided to take a little trip down to South America to study Spanish for four months. I started looking into language immersion schools several months ago and found a reputable one in Santiago. Basically, the main reason I chose this particular school was because it was down the street from the Santiago LDS Temple, church building, mission home, etc. I got a pretty good feeling about it and decided that was the place for me. I'll be living with a great lady named Norma. I'm really excited to meet her. I call her the "old widow woman", though I don't know if she's old or a widow. I only know that she is single, works in the temple, and does not speak much English. I obviously don't speak much Spanish so this is sure to be a comedy of errors. I'll be going to classes from 9am-1pm every day. I have no idea what I'll be doing with all of my other time, though--probably a lot of studying. I'm pretty sure I'll spend at least one day crying. I brought my running shoes so I can also cruise around my neighborhood and attempt to talk to the locals. I'm super excited, but now the fear is setting in. Mostly I'm just tired. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
do not be afraid! :) WHAT AN ADVENTURE NELL!! i'm so excited for you. and when you get lonely, just think of the cast of LOST. :)
ReplyDeletei can't wait to hear more of your adventures!!
xoxoxoxo
and ps CLEVER blog name! i love it!
ReplyDeletethis is a great thing. i admire your pluck and courage. i'll look forward to FREQUENT blog posts, so don't disappoint...
ReplyDeleteWow Nell! Tanya told me about your grand adventure. You have so much ambition!! I know you will have a blast and have plenty of wonderful stories to blog about.
ReplyDeleteGood job on finishing school and good luck in Chile. I can't wait to read more!!
You go girl! I can understand your being nervous, but I think it's great that you will be living with a local and not by yourself.
ReplyDeleteYou have blonde hair. Chileans love blondes. You will do just fine. But fend off marriage proposals that come within 24 hours of meeting you. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteNell, where are you? I hope u r doing well. I can't wait to hear from you.
ReplyDelete