Friday, January 16, 2009

My First Day of School


My first day of school was great. As usual, I was a little nervous at first, but that soon faded. I got there at 8 am and had to take a little placement test where they basically give you a packet of questions in Spanish and have you answer the them.  I think there was some conjugation involved, too. Well, let's just say that those graders must laugh pretty hard when they read those things. My class had 5 people total-- a guy from Germany (Per), a lady from France (Martina), and 3 of us Gringas. Our teacher, Sylvia, is from Spain and is very kind and patient. It's funny because I think Per and Martina speak Spanish beautifully but I think it's because to my ears, they already have an accent. 

Class is M-F from 9-1. Since it's Friday, a few of the people in my class are gone now and a couple of new ones will be there Monday. Some students are just there for a week or a month. It's so fun to meet all of the different people. I met a guy from Holland who works for a couple of years and then travels for a couple years. 

Overall, I think I'm doing quite well for my first week. I am amazed at how much I can understand (if people speak slowly). I can't say too much and when I do I know I sound like a caveman or a 2 year old. 

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog on Marla's. How are you doing? You look really busy!!!

    Nikki Oesterle
    noesterle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete