My second day we went to the temple which was just about a 15 minute walk. Norma works there and I did some ordinance work. It was refreshing to be in such a peaceful and familiar place. There I talked with many American couple missionaries who were assigned to the temple. There were a little jealous that o could attend a language school for 4 hours a day. I met the temple president and his wife, and they let me call home since my calling card was not quite working. My parents were happy to hear that I was alive.
This is terrible, but when I was in the bathroom at the temple, I took a couple of extra paper towels and shoved them in my purse since we didn't have any such thing at home. Is that stealing? Really, my little apartment does not have a lot of extras. Yes, I will buy a roll soon.
As we were walking home, we ran into some other church members who were serving as medical missionaries. I perked right up and asked them if it was serious that I only had 1/2 of my Hep A&B shots. One of them told me to just come by the office some afternoon and she'd administer it. I almost started crying on the sidewalk I was so happy. If anyone is praying for me back home, it's working.
I will never look at the toilet paper in the temple again without thinking of you.
ReplyDeletethat is great news!!!! :) :)
ReplyDeletei thought of you yesterday when i was at cub foods grocery shopping. we have so much here and we hardly notice it.
hope you continue to be safe and enjoy it! ENJOY it!!! i can't believe you are so close to the temple. jealous! xoxoxo marla
NELL! I was so relieved to see that you had posted stuff! It is SO fun to read. I love--Cannot wait to talk to you. I'm assuming the phone is working okay at Norma's--
ReplyDeleteOh all of this made me laugh. I UNDERSTAND!!! No worries for a second about taking the paper towels at the temple ;) Don't you know that church sites are the respite--ALWAYS!--from the craziness of traveling. What better use for those paper towels?! :) So grateful you don't need to be worried about Hep A/B any more too :) You're the best--Please keep updating! BLESSINGS!
Wow. I am thrilled to read your blog posts and to hear you are doing so well. It really sounds like an adventure and I can't WAIT to hear mas y mas! Estamos orando para ti. Tu apartamento es perfecto! Esta cerca del templo y la escuela. Aparece que Norma es una senora muy amable y un ayudante para ti! Ella esta cuidandote! Que maravillosa!
ReplyDelete