So the first week was a little rough, but my feet have been back to normal for a while now. I bought a pair of Danskos before I left and figured they would be my mainf footware. I was right. The day this picture was taken I thought I'd try to wear my patten-leather flats to church. Bad idea. I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but I have about 5 band-aids on. So I am back to my reliable Danskos. I'm lucky that I can walk everywhere I need to go. School is about a 15 minute walk and church takes around 20. Today I rode the metro by myself for the first time. I can get around pretty well, but I haven't taken too many risks. Except for last night when I walked home from a birthday party (11pm) and was hit on a couple of times. Once was even in English. Mom, you will feel better knowing that I always come home before dark which is at about 9:30pm.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
My Poor Feet
So the first week was a little rough, but my feet have been back to normal for a while now. I bought a pair of Danskos before I left and figured they would be my mainf footware. I was right. The day this picture was taken I thought I'd try to wear my patten-leather flats to church. Bad idea. I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but I have about 5 band-aids on. So I am back to my reliable Danskos. I'm lucky that I can walk everywhere I need to go. School is about a 15 minute walk and church takes around 20. Today I rode the metro by myself for the first time. I can get around pretty well, but I haven't taken too many risks. Except for last night when I walked home from a birthday party (11pm) and was hit on a couple of times. Once was even in English. Mom, you will feel better knowing that I always come home before dark which is at about 9:30pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Nell! You make me miss Chile soooo much! I laughed over the carbon pills and I remember my first meal in Chile was spaghetti as well. We miss you here but I am so glad you are having this amazing experience and especially that you are blogging about it. Eat some yummy "pan" for me please. Plus, buy some of that liquid yogurt stuff and pour it over your cereal. Yum yum!
ReplyDeleteSara
Okay - apparently I was signed in on my mom's account and not mine...oh and if they still have it - chirimoya (sp?) ice cream is the best!
ReplyDeleteSara again!